Monday, August 27, 2012

Locals of Sapa

On our hike to the hilltribe village in Sapa, we were stopped by dozens of ladies trying to sell us their hand-made purses, hats, and clothes.













All of the stuff she is wearing is handmade. Can you imagine how many hours that took?







This girl was so sassy. I asked her if I could take her picture, and then afterwords she said, "Now you buy from me!" Instead I tried to get her to play a game...



All you need is a coin, and you get the kids to guess which hand you're hiding it in, no language required. It's a trick my dad taught me.



Thanks to Tessa for taking these pictures









Tessa and I got these headbands which were intended to be straps for bags. 



Here's Nico drawing a picture. We stopped to take a rest and spent a few hours doodling.




Kids playing at the waterfall.

1 comment: